- Protecting your privacy as a user of botonics.co.uk is important to us and we strive to keep all information relating to you confidential in accordance with this statement. As part of the normal operation of our services you may voluntarily provide us with information about yourself (“Personal Data”). The purpose of this Privacy Statement is to explain what Personal Data we collect about you, how that Personal Data might be used and how we protect your Personal Data and privacy.
- We will be happy to answer any enquiries from you regarding this Privacy Statement, the Personal Data we hold about you or the use we make of it. If you have any queries or comments please contact us via the Contact Us link. If you (as a subscriber) wish to correct, update, amend or remove any information we hold about you, you may also use the “Personal Details” section in your member area. We may charge a small fee towards the cost of administering any request you make.
- WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT AND HOW?
- If you are merely visiting the public areas of botonics.co.uk, we do not collect any Personal Data about you. However, we may automatically collect information about your visits, such as browsing patterns. Information collected in this way does not reveal your contact details or any type of Personal Data. This information is only used in aggregate form to analyse, manage and develop botonics.co.uk and is not linked to any individual.
- If you are a subscriber to botonics.co.uk, we will collect and hold Personal Data about you when you apply to become a subscriber. The Personal Data collected by us will include your full name, password, e-mail address, date of birth, postal address, postcode and mobile telephone number. From time to time you may also provide other Personal Data which we need to provide you with the service you request, such as your credit card details, other information about yourself, your preferences or your experiences.
- HOW DO WE USE SUBSCRIBERS’ PERSONAL DATA?
- We will use all Personal Data for the purpose of providing you with the services you have requested in accordance with the Conditions.
- From time to time, we may use your Personal Data to let you know about other services and products that we or our associated companies provide, special offers and also to provide news about our business. This will be in accordance with the preferences for botonics updates which you have registered with us. You may amend your preferences at any time in accordance with clause 1.2 above.
- We reserve the right to access and disclose Personal Data to comply with applicable laws and lawful government requests or requests by the police investigating suspected illegal activities, to operate our systems properly or to protect ourselves or other botonics.co.uk users. We also reserve the right to disclose Personal Data to third parties if a complaint arises concerning your use of botonics.co.uk, and that use is deemed by us to be inconsistent with the Conditions.
- HOW DO WE PROTECT SUBSCRIBERS’ PERSONAL DATA?
- When you input any Personal Data into botonics.co.uk or request services from us, we use appropriate physical, electronic and managerial security measures to try to prevent that Personal Data from being accessed by unauthorised persons and to ensure that you may input Personal Data safely. This means that sometimes we may ask for proof of identity before we disclose Personal Data to you.
- SALE OR MERGER
- If botonics.co.uk is sold to or merges with, or if our business is sold to, merges with or enters a joint venture with another company, you should expect that some or all of the Personal Data collected from botonics.co.uk may be transferred to the buyer/surviving company. If so, we will seek to obligate the other company to use any Personal Data transferred by botonics.co.uk in a manner consistent with this statement, but we cannot guarantee that we will be able to impose that requirement or that the acquiring company will comply.
- THIRD PARTIES
- From time to time we may enter into a special relationship with another company that is not owned by us to provide additional features on botonics.co.uk. As a result of these special relationships, botonics.co.uk may sometimes feature co-branded micro sites or webpages.
- You should look for a specific privacy statement on any such co-branded page. Any Personal Data that you provide when signing up on one of these co-branded pages may be shared with our third party partner in accordance with the privacy statement on that page.
- By accepting the Conditions or by using the services on botonics.co.uk, you consent to the collection and use of your Personal Data by us for the purposes outlined above and for any other purpose which is reasonably necessary for the provision or proper administration of the botonics.co.uk service in accordance with the Conditions.
- You agree that your Personal Data may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area for the purposes described above to countries which may not provide legal protection of Personal Data equivalent to the level of protection within the United Kingdom.
- If you do not wish your Personal Data to be used in the manner set out in this Privacy Statement or the Conditions please do not use botonics.co.uk.
- CHANGES TO OUR POLICY
- This Privacy Statement is subject to change at any time. We encourage you to review the Privacy Statement regularly for any changes. We will use Personal Data in accordance with the Privacy Statement under which that Personal Data was collected.
- This Privacy Statement is part of the botonics.co.uk Terms and Conditions (the ‘Conditions’) and all defined terms shall have the same meaning as those in the Conditions.
- SECURITY NOTICE
- botonics uses industry standard practices to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal identifiable information, including encryption, “firewalls” and Secure Socket Layers. botonics treats data as an asset that must be protected against loss and unauthorised access. We employ many different security techniques to protect such data from unauthorised access by users inside and outside the company. However, “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet.