Gynecomastia Precare & Aftercare
Prior to your treatment
1. Avoid taking aspirin, ibuprofen, Omega 3, vitamin E or other blood thinners for 10 days.
2. Avoid alcohol and smoking a week either side of your procedure.
3. You may drink non-alcoholic beverages and eat normally before the procedure as it is performed under local anaesthetic.
4. Tell your botonics surgeon prior to the procedure if there has been any change in your medical condition or you have started any new medication.
5. Be aware that fluid leakage from the incision points is normal, particularly on the first day. Be sure to wear clothes that are washable for your journey home. The lysate that seeps from incision points is very difficult to wash out of clothes, so be sure to wear dark-coloured clothes or clothes that can be discarded if necessary.
After your procedure
1. If provided with a compression garment, then make sure to wear it for the advised period. This will be, at a minimum, 24 hours/day for 14 days, then evenings for the following 2 weeks. Wearing the garment longer is better. This will help prevent the likelihood of developing a seroma (fluid collection).
2. Avoid short haul flights within 48 hours of your procedure for short haul flights, or within one week of your procedure for long haul flights.
3. Your botonics surgeon will usually prescribe a short course of antibiotics that should be taken for 4 – 5 days.
4. Post Vaser Lipo ® we recommend a course of massages, ideally 3-5 taking place daily and starting within 2 days or your procedure. We can arrange this for you with our experienced therapist.
5. Return to every day activity as normal avoiding vigorous activity or sport for two weeks.
6. Fluid leakage from the small incisions is normal in the first 24 hours and you should simply pad the area with fresh gauze as needed, changing the dressings if they become soaked through. Be sure to wear clothes that are washable for your journey home after the procedure and for the first few days. The lysate that seeps from incision points is very difficult to wash out of clothes, so be sure to wear clothes that can be discarded if necessary.
7. If you experience persistent or increasing swelling and redness that might indicate infection, or bruising that is more than average, contact botonics on 0845 680 1964 for advice.
Though most people experience uneventful post operative recovery, if you develop any of the following you should contact botonics:
- Temperature greater than 38.0°.
- Severe pain not alleviated by simple painkillers.
- Fresh bleeding from the wound, other than a minor ooze.
- Any wound discharge after 48 hours.
- Sudden rapid enlargement of one or other breast.
If you have any queries, questions or concerns regarding your procedure or recovery please feel free to contact botonics.
Summary of treatment
- Procedure time
- Sensitivity period
- Back to work
- Full recovery
- Duration of results