For two days prior to your treatment:
Recent studies have found that people deficient in the mineral zinc do not get optimal results from botox, since the mineral is required by the body to bind with botox. Therefore, to get the best results, you are advised to ideally take a zinc supplement for a couple of days prior to your treatment, and on the day of treatment.
For one day prior to your treatment:
For optimum results when being treated under the arms, the area should be free from hair. Shaving should therefore be carried out at least 24 hours before the day of treatment.
For four hours following your treatment:
- Do stay upright and do not bend over.
- Do not take vitamin E, aspirin or consume alcohol.
- For treatments under the arms, do not apply deodorant or anti-perspirant until the morning following treatment.
For 24 hours following your treatment:
- Do not rub or massage the treated area.
- Do not have any other treatments in the same area.
For 48 hours following your treatment:
- Do not go to the gym or undertake any strenuous physical activity.
- Do not travel by airplane.
For one week following your treatment do not have any of the following treatments:
- Laser treatment or any electrical beauty treatments.
Wait for up to two weeks for treatment to work fully.
You may still experience sweating in the treated area.
Summary of treatment
- Procedure time
- Sensitivity period
- Back to work
- Full recovery
- Duration of results