For two days prior to your treatment:
Recent studies have found that people deficient in the mineral zinc do not get optimal results from botox, since the mineral is required by the body to bind with botox. Therefore, to get the best results, you are advised to ideally take a zinc supplement for a couple of days prior to your treatment, and on the day of treatment.
For four hours following your treatment:
- Do actively contract and use your muscles, work your face with lots of smiling and frowning.
- Do stay upright and do not bend over.
- Do not take vitamin E, aspirin or consume alcohol.
For 24 hours following your treatment:
- Do not rub or massage the treated area.
- Do not have any facial treatments.
- Do not shampoo your hair or have a scalp massage.
For 48 hours following your treatment:
- Do not travel by airplane.
For one week following your treatment do not have any of the following treatments:
- Laser treatment or any electrical beauty treatments.
Wait for up to two weeks for treatment to work fully.
Notify us immediately if you experience any sign of infection.
Summary of treatment
- Procedure time
- Sensitivity period
- Back to work
- Full recovery
- Duration of results