What do our clients think? based on 32 reviews.
Prior to your treatment
- Avoid taking aspirin, Brufen, Omega 3 or other blood thinners for 10 days.
- You may drink non-alcoholic beverages and eat normally before the procedure as it is performed under local anaesthetic.
- Tell your botonics surgeon prior to the procedure if there has been any change in your medical condition or you have started any new medication.
- Be aware that fluid leakage from the incision points is normal, particularly on the first day. Be sure to wear clothes that are washable for your journey home. The lysate that seeps from incision points is very difficult to wash out of clothes, so be sure to wear clothes that can be discarded if necessary.
After your treatment
- Keep the compression garment on for the advised period. This will be, at a minimum, 24 hours/day for 7 days, then evenings for the following 7 days. Wearing the garment longer is better.
- Do not fly within 24 hours of your procedure for short haul flights, or within one week of your procedure for long haul flights.
- Your botonics surgeon will usually prescribe a short course of antibiotics that should be taken for 4 – 5 days. For your convenience we recommend you have this prescription filled BEFORE your procedure.
- We recommend a course of massages, ideally 10 taking place daily and starting within 2 days or your procedure. We can arrange this for you with our experienced therapist.
- Return to every day activity as normal avoiding vigorous activity or sport for two weeks.
- Fluid leakage from the small incisions is normal in the first few days. This will occur mainly in the first 24 hours and you should simply pad the area with fresh gauze as needed. Be sure to wear clothes that are washable for your journey home after the procedure and for the first week. The lysate that seeps from incision points is very difficult to wash out of clothes, so be sure to wear clothes that can be discarded if necessary.
- If you experience persistent or increasing swelling and redness that might indicate infection, or bruising that is more than average, contact botonics on 0845 680 1964 for advice.
Summary of treatment
- Procedure time
- Hospital stay
- Sensitivity period
- Back to work
- Full recovery
- Duration of results