What do our clients think? based on 1 review.
Prior to your treatment
- Avoid taking aspirin, Brufen, Omega 3 or other blood thinners for 10 days.
- You may drink non-alcoholic beverages and eat normally before the treatment as it is performed under local anaesthetic.
- Tell your botonics doctor prior to the treatment if there has been any change in your medical condition or you have started any new medication.
- Few sessions of lymphatic drainage massage or Endermologie prior to the treatment could enhance the results.
- Be aware that fluid leakage from the incision points is normal, particularly on the first day. Be sure to wear clothes that are washable for your journey home. The lysate that seeps from incision points is very difficult to wash out of clothes, so be sure to wear clothes that can be discarded if necessary.
After your treatment
- Keep the compression garment on for the advised period. This will usually be 24 hours/day for 7 days, then evenings for the following 7 days.
- Your botonics doctor will usually prescribe a short course of antibiotics that should be taken for 4 – 5 days. For your convenience we recommend you have this prescription filled BEFORE treatment.
- The treated area can be gently massaged after 10 – 12 days.
- Avoid vigorous massage for 4 – 5 weeks.
- Lymphatic drainage massage or Endermologie sessions could expedite and enhance the final result.
- Return to every day activity as normal avoiding vigorous activity or sport for two weeks.
- Fluid leakage from the small incisions is normal in the first few days. This will occur mainly in the first 24 hours and you should simply pad the area with fresh gauze as needed. Be sure to wear clothes that are washable for your journey home after the procedure and for the first week. The lysate that seeps from incision points is very difficult to wash out of clothes, so be sure to wear clothes that can be discarded if necessary.
- If you experience persistent or increasing swelling and redness that might indicate infection, or bruising that is more than average, contact botonics on 0845 680 1964 for advice.
Summary of treatment
- Procedure time
- Hospital stay
- Sensitivity period
- Back to work
- Full recovery
- Duration of results