Former Tory MP Comes Clean on Plastic Surgery
She’s the 42-year-old “chick lit” author and former Conservative MP who writes under her maiden name Bagshawe. Previously the Member of Parliament for Corby in Northamptonshire between 2010 and 2012, the mother of three left politics last year to spend more time with her family in New York City.
Previously, Mensch had always declined to comment on whether she had undergone cosmetic surgery. She insisted that people were always trying to “trivialise” women in politics, and so would not talk about the subject while she was still an MP.
But, earlier in the year, when talking on the BBC2 programme Newsnight following an independent review which called for tougher controls of cosmetic procedures, she revealed she had “undergone a little tightening” of her face.
Previously, one newspaper had asked her about a small scar under her chin, and whether she had had a face lift procedure.
The author of around 15 books explained: “I didn’t reply to that question – not because I was in any way embarrassed about the procedure, but because there are those who always try and trivialise women in politics, based on their appearance.
“However I am of course no longer a politician, and now that the government has agreed to back this very sensible report, it felt like it had become a good time to discuss the issue.”
When quizzed as to why she had undergone the surgery, Mensch responded: “Maintenance. I am happy with the way that I look, and prefer to keep it like that.”
Face Lift Procedures and More at botonics Plastic Surgery Group
If you’re in the capital and looking for London cosmetic surgery in particular, with so many providers it can seem hard to know where to begin. The decision to go ahead is a big one, and so understandably you will be keen to know you are in safe hands.
Here are just some of the very sound reasons for making the botonics Plastic Surgery Group your first and only port of call:
• We’ve based three of our five clinics in one of the world’s most prestigious private medical locations – London’s Harley Street.
• Our doctors are among some of the most experienced in the industry, providing a quality, innovative service.
• We do much of our work because of personal recommendation from family and friends.
• We know that, for many of our clients, the cost of cosmetic surgery in the UK can be an important consideration. That’s why we’re always very honest and open about the structure of our fees, and make sure there are never any unpleasant hidden extras.
• We also pride ourselves on the quality of our client information, the care we give our clients and the excellence of our results.
• You always get a free consultation with one of our specialists (not a sales person) before going ahead – and you are in no way obliged to proceed after this meeting.
Visit our website and learn more about our treatments, organisation and clinical team today.