Reducing Your Cosmetic Surgery Scars
Cosmetic surgery can be invaluable in restoring a person’s confidence and increasing self-esteem. However, as with any invasive surgical procedures, there is a chance that clients could be left with some scarring. Although scarring is generally kept to a minimum and is often invisible to others, it can affect a person’s confidence. Thankfully there are many things that can be done to fade cosmetic surgery scars so, following your procedure, the focus can firmly be on the brand new you!
• Make sure you always follow the advice of your surgeon, and rest for exactly the length of time that the surgeon tells you to. Scars from particularly invasive procedures, like a tummy tuck, need time to heal properly.
• Rub a scar treatment cream into the affected area three times a day. Within 6 to 8 weeks, you should see a notable reduction in your scarring. You can also use cocoa butter to keep the area hydrated.
• Massage the scarred area multiple times daily. This will help to break up the scar tissue and lessen their appearance. However, if you have had a breast augmentation, make sure you follow your surgeon’s advice about when the area can be touched.
• In extreme cases of scarring, laser treatment can be used to reduce the appearance of scars. In a few sessions, lasers have been found to be particularly effective in lessening the appearance of large scars.
• Eat a nutritious diet and drink plenty of water. Well-hydrated skin is the key to scars healing quickly.