Helpful Pre-care Advice
Many clients are concerned with having visible signs following Aqualyx treatment. There are a few key steps you can take to help you both minimise visible bruising and swelling and recover as quickly as possible. The more closely you follow these steps, the faster you will recover and the fewer signs will be visible:
- Avoid any blood thinners (e.g. alcohol, aspirin, Vitamin E, some herbal preparations and supplements) for 2 days prior to and 2 days after treatment. Thin blood results in increased risk of bruising, so help minimise bruising risk by avoiding anything that can thin your blood.
- Take arnica tablets as follows: 2 tablets every 2 hours for 5 days prior to the treatment. The 30c potency are best.
- You may wish to purchase the products mentioned in the next section PRIOR to your treatment so you don’t need to visit the chemist after treatment.
Protocol for resolving bruising and swelling
- Hot compress: very hot water, soak clean cloth, wring out very tight, lay over the face so that the heat and steam goes to the face. Repeat several times, ideally every 2 hours if possible.
- Arnica cream: Available in Boots, apply generously before going to bed, will help resolve bruising.
- Wearing a compression garment can help with the swelling (and results).
Aqualyx Aftercare Advice
Immediately after treatment, there may be slight redness, swelling, tenderness and an itching sensation in the treated area. This is a normal result of the injections. The inconvenience is temporary and generally disappears in a few days. If it continues or if other reactions occur, please call us. The results directly after the treatment should not be seen as the final result.
Avoid touching the treatment area 6 hours after the treatment. After that the area can be gently washed with soap and water, and light make-up can be applied in the case of the neck/jaw area after 24 hours.
Until the initial swelling has resolved, do not expose the treated area to intense heat (e.g. solarium and sunbathing) or extreme cold.
If you are using aspirin or any similar medication, be aware that these may increase the bruising and bleeding at the injection site.
If you experience persistent or increasing swelling and redness that might indicate infection, or bruising that is more than average, contact botonics on 0845 680 1964 for advice.
Summary of treatment
- Procedure time
- Sensitivity period
- Back to work
- Full recovery
- Duration of results